[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Free Parallella Porcupine breakout boards!!

Free Parallella Porcupine breakout boards!!

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

Re: Free Parallella Porcupine breakout boards!!

Postby AndyC » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:36 pm

It will still be better and cheaper than the Zebax one I just ordered!
AndyC

Postby FHuettig » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:27 pm

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby SQ2KL » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:03 pm

I am a member of the radio astronomy research group from Poland. We are working on unique Radio Astronomy Project - build the pulsar clock.

Now, we are redesign new hardware and developing new software and I am really interested in getting two of your breakout boards. I want to use this board with my Parallella board to test new idea: connect Parallella board with High Speed ADC:
AD9284 (dual 8bit ADC 250 MPS
AD9467 (single 16bit ADC 250 MSPS):

First stage:
I am going to use this board with my Parallella board (16core) to test and proof of concept idea.

Second Stage:
Finally, we will use Parallella board (64 core) to test idea full scale computation intensive data processing (poly-phase filter bank and de-dispersion signal from pulsar- 30-60-100MHz wideband) (of course the university must buy this parallella version board).

Finally stage:
Design dedicated PCB board with selected High Speed ADC (of course who works with Parallella cluster)

Science background
http://www.technologyreview.com/view/41 ... -universe/

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1004.0115v4.pdf
http://archive.ksdk.com/news/world/arti ... rate-clock

http://www.naukawpolsce.pap.pl/en/news/ ... dansk.html

[sorry, this article is in Polish]
http://www.wybrzeze24.pl/aktualnosci/je ... -w-gdansku
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zegar_pulsarowy
http://www.gdansk.karmelici.pl/zegar-pulsarowy-250
http://www.gdansk.karmelici.pl/najdokla ... wiecie-251

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr_I3Eex10Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuPTcqJbydo

If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information.
SQ2KL

Postby theover » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:35 pm

theover

Postby theover » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 pm

theover

Postby claudiug » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:43 am

Hi,

Do you know when the Porcupine board will become available for buying online?

Thanks,
Claudiu
claudiug

Postby DeanoC » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:00 pm

DeanoC

Postby yanidubin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:56 am

Hi,

I'm working on a mobile robotic camera platform / processing station. Currently positioning my DSLR using motors, configuring/triggering exposures on via USB, and using accelerometers/PID control for closed loop control - all driven from a lowly AVR (+ USB host controller) controlled via a UART, or the accelerometer in an Android phone (via BT). I have only done rough prototyping of the robotics, and have a ways to go before I have any sort of stable platform I can publish design files for. Only then can I begin to look at mechanical zoom control and so forth.

The Parallella is the perfect fit for the processing brain, being a low power, highly customisable processing platform (I am interested in both run-time reconfiguration of the FPGA for highly tuned operations, as well as the Epiphany as a more general purpose co-processor). The porcupine is what I need to have the Parallella become the single brain to control the robotics platform (via the AVR) as well as control/configure exposures, retrieve and process images (via USB).

I daresay there will be overlap with the image processing side of advanced UAV/gimbal style projects moving to the Parallella. The robotics part itself could be used for any number of applications involving camera control and image processing, or guided video capture. My interests are real-time target tracking/acquisition (eventually - requires additional instrumentation, of course), exposure bracketing, HDR, panorama capture/stitching, GPS tagging (since my DSLR lacks it, but my Android device doesn't) - and programmed tracking / intervalometer type tasks, such as tracking stars for stellar photography.

This is a hobby project - I have limited time/finances, and progress will be slow - but if you can help out, and there is interest, I will eventually create a tech blog of sorts to share my progress online (and of course plug the Parallella at my local robotics club :)

Regards,
Yani.
yanidubin

Postby dsouth » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks for your interest in the Porcupine breakout boards! We look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Continue to post your ideas and feedback on our forums here, but please email future inquiries into receiving a Porcupine board to support@adapteva.com
dsouth

Postby AndyC » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Aha, my board arrived thanks guys.

Here are some pics, generating a 45kHz saw wave via a first order sigma delta ip block running on the fpga.

No stopping me now!

Cheers

Andy
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (130.98 KiB) Viewed 45317 times
screenshot_39.png
screenshot_39.png (175.37 KiB) Viewed 45318 times
AndyC

PreviousNext

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories