[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Free Parallella Porcupine breakout boards!!

Free Parallella Porcupine breakout boards!!

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

Re: Free Parallella Porcupine breakout boards!!

Postby aolofsson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:11 pm

aolofsson

Postby aolofsson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:12 pm

aolofsson

Postby aolofsson » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:13 pm

aolofsson

Postby theover » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Yep!
theover

Postby Veqtor » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:12 am

Me and a team of 4 other designers are building a open hardware modular synthesizer that can act as a hub for live performance with computers, analog modular synthesizers and hardware synthesizers. When the prototype is finished we hope to Kickstart the production.
We will be using the amazing dsp capabilities of the parallella and the great connectivity of the fpga to interface with external devices.
Veqtor

Postby aolofsson » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Sounds very cool. Send a note to support@adapteva.com
and well get you hooked up. Will you be writing the dsobsiftware yourselves or do you need some libs?
aolofsson

Postby tinkernick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:40 am

Hi

I have got a base install of ROS running, would be interested in hooking sensors up to it as a potential robot base controller
tinkernick

Postby AndyC » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 pm

I'm looking at implementing a device that converts MIDI and Open Sound Control (OSC) to CV for modulars and visa versa.

The device will also offer CV generation, envelopes, LFOs, clocks etc and CV manipulation. The CV will be at 48k and can be used for audio.

The idea is to have 8CV in and 8CV out

I have checked out feasibility using audio over TCP/IP and the board is up to the job but need to get some DACs and ADCs connected up now.

I'm quite happy to pay for the board.
AndyC

Postby dpavlin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:04 pm

I would like to port ZPUino (Arduino IDE with ZPU cpu implemented in FPGA) to Parallella. See

This would allow easy access to GPIO pins (which is why I'm looking for breakout board :-). Next logical step would be to do Wishbone AXI bridge, so that ZPUino can get access to Epiphany chip as fast accelerator.

Having said all that, I do own Papilio Pro and really like ZPUino. I have just over a year of experience with Spartan 6 and working with FPGAs is not my full-time job, so this would be a hobby project, so if free board is not an option I will have to wait to buy one ;)
dpavlin

Postby theover » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:26 pm

This morning the breakout board arrived, and : it cost importation handling and fess :( .

It's such a shame, this European protective market, and those people making their salary only by taxing others, in a way.

Seriously, it's here and looks ok:

Tonight I'll try the to adjust some GP IO pints with Linux commands, and connect some L.E.D.s or something to them to test it out, thus far I've only fit it under the Parallella board, and it fits.

Theo V.
theover

PreviousNext

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories