[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Re: So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Postby xilman » Sat May 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Assuming my Parallella eventually arrives, I'll initially be studying and, I hope, learning.

Longer term it should fit into my interests in image processing, computational chemistry and computational number theory.
xilman

Postby eleitl » Mon May 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Learning parallel programming, and writing MD and spiking neural code for Epiphany clusters.
eleitl

Postby toddb » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:00 am

Been using mine for a synth/effects project, my original goal was to do simulation/research but after migrating to a newer notebook that task had been filled.
toddb

Postby Grumpy Old Coot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 am

My realistic plans:
- Spend a lot of hours reading and tinkering with software prior to even ordering a Parallella-16 Embedded.
- Get the OS running.
- Figure out how to actually use the ZYNQ FPGA without killing the Parallella-16.
- Figure out how to actually use the Parallella-16.
- Kit-bash together the Porcupine and a couple other ideas.
- Learn.

My unrealistic plans:
- AUV "brain" fixed-wing board with an ungodly amount of processing power and sensors talking over a ISM R/F link to a Radxa Rock Pro base station.
Grumpy Old Coot

Postby hmeftah » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:26 pm

DevOps training course support using Docker containers as baseline technical architecture.
hmeftah

Postby capnrob97 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Ordered a desktop board from Amazon yesterday, getting it tomorrow.

Will play around with it at first, then start thinking of coding projects to do on it.

I do have code that pulls ADS/B data off of two receivers and displays it in curses I have running on my Mac OS/X, will probably move that code over as a start.
capnrob97

Postby capnrob97 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Been playing around with nbody astro sim I pieced together, here is one running on parallella with 2 'mega' stars with 100,000 times the mass of the others.

capnrob97

Postby capnrob97 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Latest vid, a 850 star system collapsing on itself.

I am really enjoying playing with this, still no sure about the memory map though, but I will get there.

Fixed a star 'slingshot issue' the softening constant not large enough.

capnrob97

Postby aolofsson » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Music to my ears! Really happy to hear that you are enjoying the board! Did you see the following recent source code publication?
I think they are running pretty fast?

https://github.com/USArmyResearchLab/mpi-epiphany
aolofsson

Postby capnrob97 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:45 pm

capnrob97

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion