Eclipse crashes on adding c++ programming tools

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Eclipse crashes on adding c++ programming tools

Postby paran » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:01 pm

Eclipse is installed okay. However, there are no compilers installed . When attempted to add programming tools such as c++ to it, the eclipse turns off or crashes. I suppose that Eclipse is unusable for parallella programming.
paran

Re: Eclipse crashes on adding c++ programming tools

Postby nickoppen » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:04 pm

I had that too when I first installed the image from Jan 2015. It looked as if it was about to start and then disappeared. I avoided the problem by using Code::Blocks.

Mine is working now. The only thing that could have fixed it was that I did an update and an upgrade since then.

The only problem with the update/upgrade is that now Mike Bell's fastrie does not work anymore.
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby paran » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:42 am

I think I am going to give up on this. I am just running out of ideas. Too many changes and modifications and what was working before does not work today anymore. The new linux for parallella Jan 2015 is better becauser is simpler. But,
1) Cannot figure out how to access epiphany to do simple hello.c with 16 cores.
2) Code:Block do not have epiphany assembler to do the c code compiling for epiphany chip.
I am just overheating....I am going to cool off.
paran

Postby nickoppen » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am

I can't help you on those specific problems because I'm using OpenCL but to get everything going on the new image using Code::Blocks I had to reconfigure from scratch. The final result was not much different (I had to be a lot more specific with the include and linker search paths) but it was enough for the old projects not to work and to be confusing (and frustrating).
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Return to General Discussion