[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - supercomputer.io

supercomputer.io

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Re: supercomputer.io

Postby 9600 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:16 am

Andrew Back

Postby DTX » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:18 am

hi!

I was trying to participate but i've got message:

"Your board seems to be overheating. Please add a fan and heatsink for it to work correctly."

i havent seen in the past any overheating issues..

Maybe it depends on Linux distribution ? or what ?

my MAC: 04:4f:8b:00:35:2e

regards,

DTX
DTX

Postby jubertroldan » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:54 pm

My board doesnt show too... got 2 boards running only 1 is detectable and the other isnt below is mac addrs

04:4f:8b:00:16:91 - working

04:4f:8b:00:18:96 - not working

also whats the benefit in joining up? can we run any analysis using everyones computing power? like AWS ?

Can we be scientists as well and use the supercomputer?

when is the next computing work? Is there a schedule so we know when to turn on or off the hardware?
jubertroldan

Postby jubertroldan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:52 am

Hi Guys,

got my boards fired up and running, left it overnight and can see the mac adds on the search now..how ever if this would be running 24/7 its a bit noisy on my current set up..

if anybody could suggest how can i minimize fan noise then it would be perfect and i can leave this running just like this. if this cant be improved the the wife will surely complain lol..

20150607_112221.jpg
20150607_112221.jpg (307.3 KiB) Viewed 12212 times

anyway back to Supercomputer.io

when is the next activity? is there a schedule of computing so i can just turn these babies off (coz of its noise) as it is idle and no computations are being used for.

whats the plan here Andreas? would you allow us to use the computing power of these combined bastards? coz if there is no definite plans...i will just shut these off coz I see no benefit or plans whatsoever. except for just a showing off/marketing for Parallella (which means more money for you guys)... no point on having this turned on and making noise in the house and being idle...

basically the idea is very good but really lacking in implementation and has been a frustrating overall.(ever since i delivery and getting my parallella boards that is, and its killing the passion). needs a lot of improvement on that part. we have created the power (theoretically) but the demand is not there at the moment.

whats the plan? what are the time tables?
jubertroldan

Postby briaeros007 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi,

I began to play with the image.
And it's not true that there are no ssh and whatever.

There a dropbear ssh server which listen on the 22222 .
But, and we will not be great friends, this fellow doesn't authorize the account I've just created with a password I know it works...
(well, I do love adduser and passwd in this distribution : you can't enter any password...)

I haven't yet verified, but I think that at least one of they account will have a ssh key (since no account have any password) and they can connect to a VPN with openvpn (I don't remember if it's vpn.resin.io or api.resin.io).

I will trying to remodify the sdcard, and If I can't get a full access, for at least
- know what they are doing (network packet send, ...)
- how this things work (why there are 6 partition, with plentiful of type, but only one I can mount directly ? Seems to have a btrfs somewhere , but where and why?)

I will be forced to delete it.

There is just no way that I will let a computer that I can't manage or control in a way or another in my personal network.
What if , it's used to sniff what I'm doing, or play any type of security threat (DDoS, CoC,...) , in the guise of scientific computation ?

There is also no way that I will be locked out on a computer I bought.

So, I concur with everyone before : to gain the faith of more participants : more information in :
- what , when, how batchs will be decided and launched (and if, as boinc, it will be possible to advantage certain types of batches).
- how does-it work. how can we manage and monitor our parallella?
(Perhaps I'm old school, but I need to have a direct access, not something "in the cloud" with yet another account and terms of agreement...)

Edit : For those interested ; the simplest solution to get a root ssh, it's to add your own key to /home/root/.ssh/authorized_keys ,
Also the image doesn't seem to be a full custom for parallela : they've got wpa_supplicant running by default etc...
No sensors package, or xtemp, so I've got no idea how to check for temperatures (only found one temperature sensor in /sys).
There are no firewall on this distribution (all default policy are "ACCEPT", no input check, no output check, ...)
It will be great to have something a little more "hardened" if anybody (someone we don't control) could run what they want on it.
briaeros007

Postby piotr5 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:32 am

piotr5

Postby briaeros007 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 am

briaeros007

Previous

Return to General Discussion