[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Searching for prime constellations / mining for Riecoins

Searching for prime constellations / mining for Riecoins

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Re: Searching for prime constellations / mining for Riecoins

Postby liangstein » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:37 am

liangstein

Postby mikebell » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi liangstein,

Yes I've started seeing that too since moving to the new SDK.

I've changed it to exit on that error for now so you can restart and keep going.

When I've seen that error I haven't got the part about e_alloc - that's really weird as e_alloc should only ever be called once!

I'll have a look later, but for now I suggest running it in a loop, or using the instructions I've just added to the readme to run the miner as a service that reboots the parallella after any error (obviously only do that if you aren't using the parallella for anything else!)

Cheers,
Mike
mikebell

Postby liangstein » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi , mikebell.
Neither did I find out the e_alloc part in the program. I think the error has something with memory. I tried reduce miner's memory usage by "./run.sh -s MEMORYSIZE". Reduce memory usage seems last longer.
Here is something what I found on the web:
"xptminer usage
Important things to note:

MEMORY: By default, it sieves to 500m. If this uses too much memory, run with -s 200000000 (that's 200m). If you have more memory, try -s 900000000 (900m) and it may get you faster performance. As of b14, with a fast CPU, you might go up to about 1.5 billion (-s 1500000000), particularly if the difficulty is high."
liangstein

Postby mikebell » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:32 pm

mikebell

Postby liangstein » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:28 am

liangstein

Postby mikebell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 am

Yeah, on the old SDK version I was seeing the stuck core problem on average around once a day - but sometimes after a few hours and other times after 40+ hours.

On the new version, it seems pretty reliable that it breaks after 45-50 mins, and often the error is the invalid value report rather than a stuck core. The fact it happens after a fixed time seems odd.

I left it running overnight and actually it was still running this morning, so with a reboot after every error it is possible to run this version - though obviously with errors this frequent that's far from ideal!

It's interesting you see chip passed on thoses tests and I don't. But I've raised that problem on the SDK beta test thread so will leave discussion of it to there.

Cheers,
Mike
mikebell

Postby nickoppen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi,

I've been running the riecoin miner a couple of months and have amassed the grand total of about 18 riecoins. With only one parallella going, I'll be very rich in about a million years.

To have even a slight impact in the nearer term I thought that if Adapteva has a wallet, I'd be happy to donate my coins. If there were some others, maybe they could amount to something.

Is there anyone interested?

nick
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Previous

Return to General Discussion