[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Price & Goals Question

Price & Goals Question

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Price & Goals Question

Postby uminded » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Great project guys! I found out about it just this week so I sadly will half to wait quite a while to get a board :cry:

My #1 question is who the heck did you guys off to get a Zynq under $99, getting it in bulk for half price would be amazing but you guys are planning on the entire board being $99. Did you guys sign a deal with Zylinx and this price point is only a limited quantity deal or can we expect to order next year and it still be the released price?

#2 is I would love to hear some posts on the trials and tribulations of getting custom silicon manufactured. Gate level development is fascinating and you need to be a physics ninja.

#3 you should have a progress & goals tab on the home page. That way people tracking progress over the next few months can see a 0-100% bar graph of each phase/components progress. And I love graphs so I might be a bit bias.

#4 I have been reading but have not found a release date goal. I'm not looking for a day but are we looking at 4th quarter of 2013 or something?

When I can get my hands on a board I would like to try out some fuzzy logic applications but with the entire logic implemented with a weighted/lifetime neuron model. I have been poking around with it on my workstation but required processing power is exponential to nodes and I can easily overrun a gig of ram before I have calculated anything worthwhile.

Thanks!
uminded

Re: Price & Goals Question

Postby notzippy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 pm

There is a lot of details provided on the progress on kickstarter page including this one

ZYNQ: Thanks to a very generous offer from Xilinx we will be using the Zynq-7020 device (instead of the Zynq-7010) on Parallella boards delivered to Kickstarter backers. For backers interested in using the programmable logic of the Zynq, this is a significant upgrade! We hope everyone is feeling good about the Parallella $99 price. It’s a ridiculous bargain at this point.:-) Going forward, the basic Parallella board will include the Zynq-7010 but there will be higher performance boards available with the Zynq-7020 as well.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ada ... yone/posts

Nz
notzippy

Re: Price & Goals Question

Postby 9600 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 am

Andrew Back

Return to General Discussion