[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - A new QuickStart Guide was posted in the FTP site

A new QuickStart Guide was posted in the FTP site

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

A new QuickStart Guide was posted in the FTP site

Postby ysapir » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 pm

This is a quickstart guide for the ZedBoard Parallella Prototype systems that are shipping these days:

ftp://ftp.parallella.org/esdk/parallell ... _guide.pdf
ysapir

Re: A new QuickStart Guide was posted in the FTP site

Postby ubii » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 pm

ysapir,

Thank you for taking the time today, to create this guide. Listed below, is the output of the matmul-16 example, from my prototype board.

Matrix: C[512][512] = A[512][512] * B[512][512]

Seed = 0.000000
Loading program on Epiphany chip...
Writing C[1048576B] to address 00200000...
Writing A[1048576B] to address 00000000...
Writing B[1048576B] to address 00100000...
GO Epiphany! ... Writing the GO!...
Done...
Finished calculating Epiphany result.
Reading result from address 00200000...
Calculating result on Host ... Finished calculating Host result.
Reading time from address 00300044...

Verifying result correctness ... C_epiphany == C_host

Epiphany - time: 145.4 msec (@ 600 MHz)
Host - time: 1675.8 msec (@ 800 MHz)

* * * EPIPHANY FTW !!! * * *
ubii

Postby mrgs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:15 pm

:D Good to see Your log. Until our delivery (2013Q2) we have some time to [wait|read|learn|code|test|simulate...] Would not like to share Your device via a public IP with root login?! :P ... Congratulations(!) +1 . Regards, Gabor
| OS4E : A preemptive, multiprocessing, microkernel based OS for Epiphany ARCH |
mrgs

Postby Sundance » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Actually Gabor :idea:

When Sundance get ours (soon, I believe the snow has delayed it :shock: ) and get it going, then I am going to setup a "Dial-In" to allow our external/remote/home workers (one happens to be in France!) to get access to the Platform if/when required.

We currently do this all the time and have a 100Mbit/sec fibre to the Outside World and I can't see my IT :geek: having problems getting this to be shared to the rest of the World, as it's not shared with our own Network to avoid Firewall problems and latency delays. We also add a Web-Cam to show the LEDs flashing, etc. Only problem could be that the 4000+ backers wants to connect at the same time :D

I will create a new Topic if/when this actually is possible; the key to succcess is sharing

Flemming
Flemming Christensen
Mobile: +44 7 850 911 417;
Email: Flemming.C@Sundance.com
Company Home Page:
Sundance

Postby tschaboo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:17 pm

@Sundance

That's very generous!

I did something similar once. What I learnt: you need some mechanism to reset the device to a known state automatically. I booted my shared device (a SheevaPlug) from the network instead from flash and had the device powercycled automatically every hour. This way everybody could have root access and if anything was destroyed it would be okay again at the full hour.
tschaboo

Postby ysapir » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

The one thing you should keep in mind is that he Epiphany device cannot really be shared among users (at this time, at least), so you should have some kind of user connection management system.
ysapir

Postby mrgs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 am

Oops. 'To share Your device' was just a joke at my side. But(!) If You are not kidding then drop a message about the details to [me|us]. ;) Well, seriously, later (later = ++year_now) on: I can imagine [open|shared|distributed] 'system(s)' based on Epiphany ARCH board(s). Regards, Gabor
| OS4E : A preemptive, multiprocessing, microkernel based OS for Epiphany ARCH |
mrgs

Return to General Discussion