[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB workaround

USB workaround

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB workaround

Postby FHuettig » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:13 am

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby Frida » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:18 pm

I have now tried with a 47uF tantalum cap between pin 3 and 4.
Out of 10 starts with a 30 sec. pause, there was 10 success.
Frida

Postby ajtravis » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby greytery » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 am

tery
greytery

Postby teekai » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:05 pm

teekai

Postby FHuettig » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:57 am

FHuettig

Postby sintacks » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:02 am

Frida, your wire mod worked for me. The USB on my 7020 board had never worked before this mod.

Since I have the big heatsink on my board, I connected from CR10 pin1 to the BOARD_RESET_L side of R295 (bottom of the board).

Before making the wire mod, I tried a 10nF ceramic cap between R295 and the ground side of R294, but that did not make a difference for me. I might scrounge up a larger tantalum cap later and see if I can get it working that way. Otherwise, I may try replacing R295 with a 10K or 100K resistor to increase the RC time delay for deasserting the reset. The wire mod is too fragile to be a permanent fix.
sintacks

Postby FHuettig » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:06 pm

FHuettig

Postby Frida » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Well it has been a while since.
Is there anybody here, that have looked at the logik from the FPGA to the USB.??

Is the "STP" "p0_usb_stp" signal high, until the FPGA has sat up the data lines to the USB, and is ready to talk to the USB.??

I found out, I have a window from ca. 30 ms. to 10sec., where I can held down "BOARD_RESET_L", and still have my USB to work.

When login is reached, I can held "BOARD_RESET_L" low for a minute or so, and when I release it , it all works again.

I hope that somebody with insight in the FPGA will chime in.
Frida

Postby FHuettig » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:04 am

FHuettig

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting